I thought this simple beginner set deserved it’s own satisfying video :)
Full tutorial for this set: https://youtu.be/Rdbi9SqylYI
The Sugar Art Fall Master Elites: https://bit.ly/3uR57Xi
The Color Ring: https://bit.ly/3ajaIfE
* use code THEGRACEFULBAKER15 for 15% off your order from The Sugar Art!
Some other tips:
- Use a vanilla royal icing for the best results
- Activate with water (use back of spoon/spatula to mix/activate before mixing into the icing)
- Use a dropper to add water (not a spray bottle! The color will go everywhere!)
- Start with a thicker consistency than you ultimately need (since you’ll be adding water to activate); I started with a stiff peak piping consistency
- Color to a couple shades lighter than you ultimately need
- Allow the colors to DEVELOP for an least 1 hour (overnight is even better)
- Once colored to desired shade, allow to sit for a least 15-30 minutes - sometimes “streaks” will appear in this time if you haven’t incorporated the color well enough at the beginning and then you can give the icing another good mix before using
- For the purposes of this demo I used 8 ounces (or 1 cup) of icing for each color. For the most part I used a total of 1/4 tsp for each color except the Burgundy which needed an additional 1/16 tsp and this Autumn Gold that needed just 1/8 tsp.
Cutter: 3.5"’ Geometric maple leaf - https://brightoncutters.com/products/geometric-maple-leaf?_pos=1&_sid=493788593&_ss=r
* Use this link to get 10% of your first order: http://i.refs.cc/ajEHZ6xe
RECIPES & CONSISTENCIES:
How to make royal icing (step by step): https://youtu.be/uE5gYfihKpg
ROYAL ICING CONSISTENCIES (step by step): https://youtu.be/AObfqJGyXsY
Cookie swivel: https://www.shop.lcsweets.com/products/the-cookie-swivel
Music: https://www.purple-planet.com "Leave Without Me"
Amazon shop of my favorite things: https://www.amazon.com/shop/the.graceful.baker
I do receive a small commission from items purchased from my shop. I only include items I personally own and love!
The Sugar Art – https://bit.ly/2W1z6im – my favorite for:
use code THEGRACEFULBAKER15 for 15% off your order from The Sugar Art!
- Sterling Pearls (metallic dusts like gold): https://bit.ly/3AN5Quh
- DiamonDust (edible glitter!!): https://bit.ly/3sqtZnF
- Elite color (powdered food coloring that’s great for painting and dry dusting): https://bit.ly/3xVsb7l
- Master Elites (highly pigmented powders for coloring icing…a MUST for red and black!!): https://bit.ly/3k1L8Af
***Please note: my LEMON royal icing recipe does NOT work with all of the Master Elite colors due to the acidity of the lemon juice – a VANILLA (non-lemon) recipe is best used for the Master Elite pinks, otherwise I use all of their other colors with my lemon recipe (I use Wilton pink with my lemon recipe)
Tipless bags: Borderlands Bakery - https://borderlandsbakery.com/product-page/tipless-piping-bags-s-or-m-100-pcs/
Dehydrator: https://amzn.to/38mYL75 (affiliate link)
Scribe: https://amzn.to/30zTkPd (affiliate link)