(Verb) - (of a person or group) act in accordance with a wish or command.
- to act or be in accordance with wishes, requests, demands, requirements, conditions, etc.; agree (sometimes followed by with)
1. It is possible to get drinking water supplies tested to make sure they comply with EC standards.
2. Since 1990 all pressing centres have had to comply with certain minimum standards.
3. He had come to the conclusion that this condition did not comply with that standard.
4. I am a firm believer that relatives should try to comply with the wishes of their loved ones.
5. Half an hour later I managed to force my eyes open to comply with his request.
6. All equipment meets the CE regulations and complies with European standards.
7. The companies would have to comply with training standards and safety procedures.
◈ IELTS Books: