** Click Above Link to Sign up to Access IGNITION, my FREE Blogging Course for Beginners. **
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/37TPfGP
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO:
- 10 Work at Home Jobs that Pay Over $100/Day in 2020 (https://youtu.be/0N9mMNTKgqE)
- COBRA Health Insurance (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ebsa/about-ebsa/our-activities/resource-center/faqs/cobra-continuation-health-coverage-consumer.pdf)
- Unemployment Website (https://www.careeronestop.org/LocalHelp/UnemploymentBenefits/unemployment-benefits.aspx)
Getting laid off is a painful experience and there is no doubt that many of you are struggling with this right now.
When this happens, it’s important to keep perspective.
Yes, it sucks. Yes, it’s going to be rough for a little while. But no, it is NOT the end of the world. I personally went through this in the 2008 recession and dealt with it for 8 months.
I know what you need to do, I’ve lived through it.
In this video, I’m going to explain to you exactly what you need to do if you get laid off soon or have recently been laid off.
1) Take a deep breath. It’s not the end of the world.
2) Collect your final paycheck and see if you’re eligible for severance pay.
a) If you weren’t there long, unlikely to get severance.
b) Confirm when you’ll get your last check.
3) Look into Cobra Health Insurance
a) You quit your job.
b) You were fired, unless it was for "gross misconduct."
c) Your hours were reduced.
Can continue for up to 18 months. You have a 60 day window to make a decision on your COBRA insurance.
Check here for more details https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ebsa/about-ebsa/our-activities/resource-center/faqs/cobra-continuation-health-coverage-consumer.pdf
4) File for Unemployment Benefits
a) DO NOT feel bad doing this, you’ve been paying into it your whole life.
b) Here’s a place to find your state unemployment website to file: https://www.careeronestop.org/LocalHelp/UnemploymentBenefits/unemployment-benefits.aspx
5) Confirm References and Connect With Network
6) Start a side hustle
b) 10 Work at Home Jobs: https://youtu.be/0N9mMNTKgqE
c) Will grow resume
d) Something you are passionate about
e) Will keep you busy
7) Start your job search
a) 10 applications a day
b) Patience is key
c) When not applying, work on side hustle
My name’s Prof. Ron and my goal is to help you create passive income with online businesses and through investing. I’m not big on hype and won’t promise you overnight success, but I love to introduce people to a lifestyle where they can make money online while working from home. I’m also passionate about investing and finance, so I cover that in my channel as well.
If you’re interested in learning how to earn money from an online business and then where you can invest that money to make more passive income, this is the channel for you.
Subscribe today to stay informed: https://bit.ly/37TPfGP