What does Nugatory mean? Learn the meaning of Nugatory as we define this advanced vocabulary word with a simple definition, pictures, example sentences, English pronunciation and audio.
Nugatory definition (adjective) having no worth or value; useless
Nugatory pronunciation: noo-guh-tawr-ee
Examples of Nugatory in a sentence:
1. Jim’s nugatory comments contributed nothing to the class discussion.
2. Because my stamp collection is nugatory in value, I am not losing anything by throwing it in the trash.
3. Buying the pass was nugatory since we still had to wait over an hour to get into the attraction.
4. Since Janice does not have a vehicle, she knows car insurance is a nugatory investment.
5. The security alarm was nugatory after the burglar cut the wires.
Nugatory synonyms and other related words for Nugatory
trifling, trivial, insignificant, inconsequential, worthless, unimportant, half ass, paltry, ineffectual, minor, negligible, petty, useless, vain, slight, piddling, puny, unavailing, inadequate, ineffective, niggling, frivolous, futile, idle, inoperative, small, bootless, hollow, inconsiderable, invalid, meaningless
Dictionary Definition & Sentences Page
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER + VISIT OUR VOCABULARY RESOURCE LEARNING WEBSITES (Bookmark ‘em!) 👇
► http://VocabularyVideos.com - a memorable name that’ll redirect you to our word of the day vocabulary videos.
► https://WordsinaSentence.com - our sentence dictionary Website, where we define words with sentences
► https://Twitter.com/vocabularyhelp - Twitter account for my vocabularic tweets