Meat Spaghetti With Mac & Cheese Balls ⬇️ SCRUMDIDDLYUMPTIOUS RECIPE BELOW ⬇️ This dish is about to turn the world topsy-turvy, inside out, and upside down! We’ve taken the classic spaghetti & meatballs combo and decided to invert it. In this inventive dish, the spaghetti is made out of meat and the balls are made out of pasta! This fun take on an old classic might seem a little bit crazy, but once you give it a try, both you and your tastebuds will be impressed. Delicious turkey-based noodles get topped off with tomato sauce and decadent fried mac & cheese balls. The whole thing might look like a pasta dinner, but in reality it turns an old staple into a new, exciting culinary experience. Get a little bit playful in the kitchen, surprise and impress your guests, and try this unforgettable dish!
📌 FULL RECIPE: https://www.scrumdiddlyumptious.com/meat-spaghetti-and-cheese-balls/
➡️ Thanks for watching and don’t forget to subscribe for a first-hand look at all our best recipes and cooking hacks: www.youtube.com/scrumdiddlyumptious
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the meat spaghetti:
- 1 lb ground turkey, chilled
- 5 oz pork fatback, chilled
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 egg white
For the mac & cheese balls:
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- flour + whisked eggs + bread crumbs for the breading station
- cooking oil for frying
For the topping:
- tomato sauce
- shaved parmesan
- fresh basil
- food processor
- potato ricer
1. For the meat spaghetti, freeze the ground turkey and pork fatback for 30 minutes. For the spaghetti to turn out correctly, everything needs to be as cold as possible, so for the best results, put the food processor in the freezer as well. Once everything has chilled, place ½ of the ground turkey and pork fatback, 2 tbsp of the heavy cream, the egg white, and ½ of the salt and white pepper in the food processor. Pulse everything for 1–2 minutes in the food processor until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Repeat this process with the remainder of the ingredients and stir the 2 meat spaghetti mixtures together. This is done in 2 steps to ensure that the ingredients stay as cold as possible.
3. Boil 8½ cups of water combined with 3 tbsp salt in a large pot on the stove. Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and let the water cool down to about 175°F. Fill a potato ricer with the meat spaghetti mixture and hold it about 9 inches above the pot of warm water. Slowly squeeze the potato ricer and let the meat noodles drop into the water, then use scissors to cut them off of the potato ricer. Let the meat spaghetti sit in the warm water for about 5 minutes, then remove the noodles using a ladle.
4. For the mac & cheese balls, cook the elbow macaroni according instructions on the package, then stir in the grated cheddar cheese and heavy cream while the macaroni is still hot. Season the mac & cheese with salt & pepper and stir everything together until combined. Cover the pasta, transfer it to the refrigerator, and chill for 1 hour.
5. Set up the breading station with separate bowls for the flour, whisked eggs for the egg wash, and bread crumbs, and heat a pot filled with cooking oil to 325°F. Once the macaroni & cheese has chilled, mold it into small balls and cover them in flour, dredge them in egg wash, and coat them with bread crumbs. Deep fry the mac & cheese balls in hot cooking oil until golden brown. Once the mac & cheese balls are fried, serve the meat spaghetti and mac & cheese balls with tomato sauce, shaved parmesan cheese, and fresh basil.
When you serve this inventive dinner, your guests will notice that everything is reverse after just a few bites – and then they’ll notice just how delicious a switcheroo can be! This dish is a fun way to try out something new in the kitchen and play with your food, in a good way! Get the recipe for the Tuscan Spaghetti & Meatballs featured in the bonus video: https://youtu.be/bgdfoJ-QHek
Do you want to see more content like this? Scrumdiddlyumptious brings you unique recipes & cooking hacks every day, so be sure to subscribe, like, and follow us for a first-hand look at new videos that you can share with your family & friends!
💚 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/scrumdiddlyumptious
💚 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scrumdiddlyumptiouscom
💚 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/scrumdiddlyumptious_recipes
💚 Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/scrumdiddlyumptious
💚 Website: https://www.scrumdiddlyumptious.com