Die with Zero By Bill Perkins Summary - Optimise your life and your spending to get what you want out of life. I share Bill Perkin’s incredible wisdom and philosophies about life with regard to optimising your time and your money throughout your life.
DIE WITH WITH ZERO: https://amzn.to/3CfizpY
In this video I give a chapter by chapter summary and my top takeaways from the book. This book really challenged my thinking and has changed the way I think about our finances now.
Chapter 1: Invest in Experiences
- Life is the sum of your experiences so it’s important to invest in experiences so that When you look back on your life, the richness of those experiences will determine your judgement of how full a life you’ve led.
Chapter 2: Why Die With Zero
- If you spend hours and hours of your life acquiring money and then die without spending all of that money, then you’ve needlessly wasted too many precious hours of your life. There is just no way to get those hours back.
Chapter 3: How to Spend Your Money
- You should be focusing on maximising your life enjoyment rather than on maximising your wealth.
Chapter 4: What about the Kids?
- You don’t need to wait to give money to your children and the charities that you care about because as the book explains a person’s ability to extract enjoyment out of money declines with age.
Chapter 5: Balance Your Life
- This is all about finding the optimal balance between enjoying the present and providing for a good future. This includes investing in your health, because people of all ages should be spending more time and money on their health’ because ‘earlier investments in health would actually yield greater lifetime fulfilment’.
Chapter 6: Start to Time-Bucket Your Life
- Time bucketing your life is all about thinking about what experiences you want to have at certain ages. This makes a plan so make sure that you experiences those events at the age when they will be of most benefit.
Chapter 7: Know Your Peak
- Most people’s net worth continues to grow into their 70’s and Perkins wants us to challenge this idea because that money isn’t as much use to us at that age.
Chapter 8: Be Bold Not Foolish
- Be bold not foolish means taking risks at the right time in your life and most of the time that will be when you’re young with fewer commitments.
Welcome to Family Finance where I chat all things personal finance and in particular family finances, how to save money, investing, budgeting and how to stay on track with your financial goals. Our goal is to build our passive income to reach financial independence, also know as FI.
Other videos you might enjoy …
COAST FIRE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv4p_0ZryJ0
OCT NET WORTH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUC9Loh573c
12 STAGE OF FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifT_LzlQaJY
OUR STOCK PORTFOLIO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osUeiwhHBKM
Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Family-Finance-103181858073913/
Find me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/familyfinance_/
MY ETSY SHOP: https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/FamilyFinance
4 Months Free with SHARESIGHT: https://www.sharesight.com/familyfinance
Shop Back: https://app.shopback.com/nkVqgskJ49
Cash Rewards: https://refer.cashrewards.com.au/x/VzrCNY
BOOKS TO READ
Motivated Money: https://amzn.to/2R1YJcz
DIE WITH WITH ZERO: https://amzn.to/3CfizpY
The Simple Path to Wealth: https://amzn.to/327vpYz
Your Money or Your Life: https://amzn.to/3jZm3o3
The Index Card: Why Personal Finance Doesn’t Have to Be Complicated: https://amzn.to/3tzcsdl
I Will Teach You To be Rich: https://amzn.to/35gvv2g
The Barefoot Investor: https://amzn.to/336AKP5
Money Made Simple by Noel Whittaker: https://amzn.to/327Elxa
Atomic Habits: https://amzn.to/32cCh7j
The 5am Club: Own Your Morning, Elevate Your Life: https://amzn.to/3h7PZwc
HOW I MAKE MY VIDEOS
I use Keynote to make my slides using images and text for from Canva:
I then record my audio using my blue yeti microphone: https://amzn.to/2ZfJv8A
I then use iMovie to link my audio with the Keynote slides.
Please note: some of these links are affiliate links where I’ll earn a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
The information on this YouTube channel and the links provided are for entertainment and general information only and should not be taken as constituting professional advice. I am not a financial advisor. The information on this channel is personal to my situation and does not take into account your personal circumstances. You should do your own research and if necessary consider seeking independent financial advice that is related to your unique circumstances.
#diewithzero #billperkins #financialindependence